If you want to "Chard Your OWN Yard" you can use these plans to create a raised garden bed yourself.
We welcome folks to volunteer for "Chard Your Yard" to learn how to build raised garden beds. It's a great way to learn by doing and you help your community as well! Sign up to volunteer!
4 - 2X6 5 ft long sides
4 - 2X6 3 ft short sides
4 - 2X2 8 in corner braces
3 dozen 5# 2.5” deck screws
½ cubic yard dirt (50% compost/50% topsoil)
Cordless drill & bit
- -Assemble short side first
- lay 2 3ft 2X6 side by side on saw horse or work surface
- use 4 screws to attach each 2X2 to each end (below)
- Repeat for second short side
- With 2 people stand assembled short sides up on ends
- Place long side boards across 2 ends lining them up straight
- Screw 2 screws thru each board end, connecting the corners
- Flip bed to unfinished side and repeat with last 2 boards
- Position the assembled bed and fill with soil.
Please consider using your new skill to help others by volunteering! Go to ChardYourYard.com to learn more!